Finding an attorney is an important first step in your legal pursuit, but not every lawyer is for everyone. Below we’ve listed a few questions to begin your search and find the best lawyer for your case.
- What realm of the law does your issue fall in? Is it a family case, property, criminal, etc.?
- What is your budget?
- Do they practice in the state/area where your case takes place?
Once you’ve narrowed down your list, you then should look into the following:
- How much experience does each individual have with cases similar to yours?
- What is their success rate with similar issues?
- Do they have the time necessary to actively pursue your case?
- Do they seem passionate and care about your case?
Selecting a lawyer can be challenging, but these questions should help you find a successful lawyer you can trust and afford.